Sr. Technical Product Marketing Manager
MCube is a well-funded fabless chip company targeting the multi-billion unit consumer motion sensor market opportunity with a unique technology and value proposition. Cost effective single-chip motion sensors have been the vision of the MEMS industry for years and we are the first to achieve a truly monolithic integration of silicon-based MEMS and CMOS circuits in a single chip. Monolithic, single-chip motion sensors offer size, cost, performance, rapid customization and integration benefits over current approaches and are poised to revolutionize the motion sensor market.
We have an opportunity for a Sr. Technical Product Management Manager in Semiconductor and Sensor industry to join our fantastic team in San Jose, CA. This position reports directly to VP of marketing. The Sr. Technical Product Manager will own component product strategy, new product definition/roadmaps and driving tactical plan execution. This position requires an experienced technical product marketing professional that likes to roll up one’s sleeves, spend time on the new product development, collateral whole product positioning, working with sales on design wins, and deliver results in a rapidly growing company. You must be hands on with little delegation to others.
In addition, the Sr. Technical Product Manager works with operations to ensure that capacity is in place to meet the set revenue targets and that the right cost of the product is achieved in order to meet product margins targets. The position is the primary liaison between Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales and maintains close contacts with customers.
- Delivers products that achieve the financial performance targets (revenue, cost and ROIC) at launch and over the product lifecycle from cradle to grave; executes to reach/maintain technology and cost leadership and/or market share leadership
- Define product and solution specifications
- Estimate product cost, lead times, and supply availability working with production operations
- Aid in production transfers from RD to manufacturing. Define and perform process validations and qualifications??
- Conduct specified go-to- market plan with key players in consumer motion sensor and SoC markets
- Support strategic product roadmap development and execution
- Analyze target markets and competition globally, on product/technology level
- Implement voice of the customer and carry out customer site visits with sales or reps
- Maintain key close working relationships both internally and externally
- 7+ years of experience in technical product marketing and project management roles, displaying a steady progression of responsibility and project size
- Outstanding project management skills
- A substantial enough experience with product management to feel confident going into unknown technical or functional territory and rapidly make substantial contributions
- A strong enough will to get done what needs to be done but a soft enough style to gain buy-in from across functional teams
- Enough technical background to have meaningful conversations about technical issues with development managers, architects, and technical staff
- Good documentation skills related to product collateral
- Ability to self-manage and be a self-starter are a must
- BSEE, MSEE or equivalent experience
- 7+ year product management experience in Semiconductor/ MEMS sensor industry
- Design, development, or application engineering experience especially in MEMS and/or embedded systems technologies
- Experience in managing products from cradle to grave
- Strong business acumen